NOTE: The message in the 2017 software is reading "Recipient Kind" this is actual Employer Kind)
1) Select Payers & Recipients from the menu bar then select Manage Payers & Recipients from the drop-down.
2) Click Add New Payer.
3) Enter payer/company information (all Bold fields are Required fields) and click Save & Add Another to create more payers/companies or Save to return to the Manage Payers& Recipients screen.
To Enter the State ID
- Select Payer
- View/Edit in upper right for Payer/Company
- Select the State ID
4. Enter the State and State ID
7. Save the Edit Payer/ Company Screen
NOTE- Payer Type, Employer Kind: When creating a W-2 you Must select from the drop down box the kind of payer and employer you are
Payer Type: (941, 945, 944, Military, Railroad, Household Employee, Medicare Govt Emp)
Employer Kind: (None Apply, 501c, State/local non-501c, State/local 501c, Federal govt)