Tax Software Minimum System Requirements are as follows:
Operating systems supported - Windows 7, 8, 8.1 & 10
Note:(Window XP and Vista will no longer be supported)
Processors supported - Pentium II or higher
RAM - 1 GB RAM
Hard disk space - 45 MB hard disk space
Other - CD-ROM drive, 1024 x 768 screen resolution, laser or inkjet printers
To look at your current system information and confirm if your system satisfies the minimum requirements for the Tax software follow these steps:
1. Click the Start button
2. Click Control Panel
3. Double click System
4. On the General tab of the System Properties screen review your system information
Note: In the case of this system - the operating system is ok because it is one of the supported operating systems. The processor is ok because it is higher than a Pentium II, and the RAM is 3.24 GB which is larger than the 1 GB needed.
5. To review the hard disk space click the Start button
6. Click My Computer, then double click on Local Disk (C:), use the left scroll bar to scroll all the way down the page to see your hard disk space
Note: In this case the hard disk space is about 80 GB and the minimum system requirements are 45 MB. Just to note a GB (gigabyte) is larger than an MB (megabyte).
7. To review your screen resolution, on your desktop screen, right click your mouse and select Properties
8. In the Display Properties window click the Settings tab and at the bottom left of the window you will see your screen resolution
Note: In this case the resolution is 1920 X 1080 and the minimum requirements are 1024 x 768.
Note: Make sure you have a printer and CD/DVD-ROM installed on your computer. The CD/DVD-ROM is located on your computer tower and you can access your printers from your control panel.