Importing Employees/1095-B or 1095-C from Excel:
1. Select Companies & Employees from the menu bar then select Manage Companies & Employees
2. Select the Company from the drop down menu
3. Select the Import Employees
4. Click Get Template form drop down box select template (Employees List, 1095-C or 1095-B)
5. Type in a new file name for the template (i.e. Recipient List – Template), and choose the location to save your file (it is highly recommended to save your file to your desktop to make it easy to locate). Click Save.
Note: It is recommended to save the file to your desktop so it is easy to locate when you are ready to import the file.
7. Minimize the software program screen.
8. Locate and open the Excel template you saved in step 5.
9. Enter your employees data into the appropriate fields in the file.
10. Save and close the Excel file when finished entering the data.
11. Maximize the software program screen.
12. On the Add Employees screen enter the # of records (employees) you are importing
Note: If importing 1095-C or 1095-B you will need to select from drop down box
13. Click Import.
14. Click Add or Overwrite for the employee’s data you are importing.
Note: Add means you want to add more employees to the existing employees for the selected company. Overwrite means the current employess list for the company selected will be overwritten with the new employee in the import (meaning it will delete all current employee in your software for that specific company).
15. Locate the template you saved earlier with your employees data and click Open.
16. Your software will now import the data from the Excel file and when completed a message on the import screen will appear reading: “Recipient List Imported.”
Note: You can check to make sure all your employees were imported by looking at the employees lists under the company selected in the Manage Companies & Employees screen.