Importing Recipients from a CSV File:
1) Select Companies & Employees from the menu bar then select Manage Companies & Employees.
2) Select the payer/company from the Company drop-down.
3) Click Import Employees
4) Select the Format to Import as ASCII.
5) Click Get Template.
6) Type in a new file name for the template (i.e. Recipient List – Template), and choose the location to save your file (it is highly recommended to save your file to your desktop to make it easy to locate). Click Save.
7) Minimize out of the software program.
8) Open your Excel Program. Click Start on your computer then choose your Excel program. (You may need to click Start, then All Programs, then Microsoft Office, then Excel if your Excel program is not listed under your Start button.)
9) Once your Excel program is open, click File then Open. This will bring up a new window where you can select your CSV file.
10) In order to see your CSV file, you must change the Files of Type drop-down on the open window to Text Files (*.prn; *.txt; *.csv)
11) Now select your CSV file and click Open.
12) You will now go through a 3-Step process of mapping your information from the CSV file into an Excel file.
- Step 1 is to make sure Delimited is selected and then choose the row at which your information starts that you want imported, then click Next.
- Step 2 is to select the delimiter the csv file is using to separate the information. Once your option is selected, click Next.
- Step 3 is to now map your fields correctly to the excel spreadsheet.
Select Text as the Column data format.
Note: You MUST select each column that has data in it and choose Text in order to properly map all your information. Use the scroll bar underneath the Data preview to go through each column with data to do this.
Click Finished when complete.
13) Your Information will now be mapped into an Excel Spreadsheet.
14) Click File then click Open. You now need to open the form template you originally created in Steps 4-8. Make sure your Files of type drop-down is selected to show All Excel Files. Locate the form template you saved then click Open.
15) On the menu bar at the bottom of the screen, select the excel file you just created from your csv file.
16) Right click on first line you have data in and drag down to copy all rows of information, then click Copy.
17) On the menu bar at the bottom of the screen, select the excel file for the form template you just opened (which was created in Steps 4-8).
18) On the form template spreadsheet, right click on the line 2 (below the column header info) click paste (the icon that looks like 123).
Note: Just review all fields are filled with your data that was mapped and it is in the right column before continuing.
19) Click File then Save to save your form template with the updated information. Then click File and Exit to close out of the Excel program. You can do the same for both excel files you were just working with.
20) Maximize the software program screen.
21) On the Add Employee screen enter the # of records (employee) you are importing.
22) Click Import.
23) Click Add or Overwrite for the employee data you are importing.
Note: Add means you want to add more employees to the existing employees for the selected company. Overwrite means the current employee list for the company selected will be overwritten with the new employees in the import (meaning it will delete all current employees in your software for that specific company).
24) Locate the template you saved earlier with your employee data and click Open.
25) Your software will now import the data from the Excel file and when completed a message on the import screen will appear reading: “Employees List Imported.”
Note: You can check to make sure all your employees were imported by looking at the employee lists under the company selected in the Manage Companies & Employees screen.