You will first need to uninstall the software if you were having issues installing:
How to uninstall the software: See step 2
Verify you have installed the .net framework - see PDF
Checklist for Trouble Shooting
If you are receiving an error message or unable to install your software please be sure to:
Turn off Anti-Virus Program - see PDF
- User is an Admin - You must have complete Admin Right to run this program contact your Admin Administrator or IT person for more information.
Uninstall the software: See link on How to uninstall correctly -
- Turn off User Account Control Settings -
- Control Panel
- User Account
- Change User Account Control Settings - Never notify
- You will need to reboot your computer after you change the settings
- Turn off Team Viewer if it is running
- After these are off go to run from the start button and click on Run type in the services.msc and look through and turn off any anti-virus services that are running in the background.
How to – Disable your Antivirus Software / Firewall Temporarily
If you are not able to install the software program/having difficulty installing updates or cannot connect to e-file website, your anti-virus software or firewall that you are running may be blocking TFP20.xx/Laser Link/Laser Link XL/ACA software program from installing. It may be necessary for you to temporarily disable your firewall or anti-virus software to:
- Determine if this is what is causing the installation issues, and
- To connect to download the updates, etc.
Located on the Window Taskbar next to the clock in the lower right corner it will show the Firewalls and anti-virus software that are running on your computer. Most programs will allow you to right click on the icon and select 'Turn Off', or 'Disable'. If you do not see this option you will need to open the firewall or anti-virus software and disable it.
Note: If you need additional detailed instructions on how to disable or turn off a specific firewall or anti-virus software, we highly suggest you contact the anti-virus software company directly or your IT department for further assistance.
After you have installed the TFP20.xx/Laser Link/Laser Link XL/ACA software program we suggest you Enable the anti-virus again.
For other Anti-Virus Software and How to Disable see the PDF: